February IP events
by Pedro Malaquias
On November 2013, QMJIP started to publicise IP Events in its Twitter page (@QMJIP), using the hash tag #IPevents. Since then, we have tried to promote as many IP events as possible, as we find such information of utmost relevance for the IP community. From now on, such information will also be made available in the QMJIP blog.
If you have know of or are organising any IP event not shown on the following list, we would be grateful if you let us know. Simply leave us a comment in here or tweet us @QMJIP #IPEvents and we will add it!
Here are the events for February 2014.
- SMi Group’s 8th annual conference on Parallel Trade will be held 10 and 11 February 2014 in London. More information can be found here.
- Are moral rights human rights? is the question posed in the special joint meeting held by BLACA and the IPKat, in 12 February 2014, London. Further details can be found here and here.
- On the 13 February 2014, CLT will held in London the IP and Retail Conference 2014. Further information in CLT’s website.
- Visiting Bangor? Following the recent decision of the Copyright Tribunal in the case of BBC and Eos, Bangor University will host, on 13 February 2014, the conference Collecting and Protecting: 21st century copyright and minority language music. More information can be found in the following link.
- Interested on How Japanese IP Litigation Really Works? Check the UCL Institute of Brand and Innovation Law (IBIL) event next 17 February 2014, in London. More information can be found at IBIL’s website.
- Also in London, Management Forum will held the two-day (19 and 20 February 2014) introductory course on IP commercialisation fundamentals, planning and execution. To register, visit the event page
- In the following week (24 and 25 February 2014), Management Forum in association with IncreMental Advantage, will organize one more event – Institute for Patent Prosecution. Follow the link to the event website.
- The UCL Institute of Brand and Innovation Law (IBIL) will held, in London, its Annual Brands Lecture on 26 February 2014. This year’s topic is “Trade Marks and Designs: the Designers’ Perspective”. More information can be found at IBIL’s website.
- On 28 February 2014, the Westminster Media Forum will discuss Next steps for the UK music industry ‐ streaming services, social media and market consolidation. Check the agenda here.
- On 14 February 2014, in Geneva, the Faculty of Law, University of Geneva in partnership with the International League of Competition Law (LIDC), will discuss Challenges of Unfair Competition Law. If you are interested, visit the following website.
- In Munich, on 25 and 26 February 2014, IBC Legal will hold the The 22nd Annual Biotech & Pharmaceutical Patenting Conference 2014. More information can be found at the event page.
- In Brussels, on 27 and 28 February 2014, the the Academy of European Law will organize its 2014 Annual Conference on EU Law in the Pharmaceutical Sector. Details can be accessed here.
- In Munich, on 28 February 2014, UNION-IP in cooperation with WIPO will organise a half-day seminar on Arbitration of Patent Disputes. Visit the website for further details.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- On 17 and 18 February 2014, in San Francisco, the Global Outsourcing Association of Lawyers will hold the Global Intellectual Property Outsourcing Conference & Exhibition. Details can be found here.
Pedro Malaquias is a Portuguese Qualified lawyer. Currently, he is an LL.M. candidate at Queen Mary, University of London and works as a Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research Institute (QMIPRI) Student Research Fellow and Queen Mary Journal of Intellectual Property (QMJIP) Assistant Editor.